Three years ago when I first started beauty blogging Beauty Boxes were a fantastic way to discover and try new products in a really cost-effective way. This was back when PR’s and brands didn’t know/care about Style Lobster so I wasn’t receiving any PR samples to test. Everything I reviewed was bought with my own money so to receive samples of cult products and new launches massively helped educate me on everything BEAUTY.
I quickly lost interest in subscription services as the quality of the boxes I was receiving became more and more disappointing as the months wore on. I was receiving repeat samples only a couple of months after first receiving them and the products felt more like “filler” products rather than earning a spot in, what was supposed to be, a coveted and well curated monthly beauty treat.
To summarise I quickly established that Beauty Box subscription services were an easy way for company’s to take your money and give little or nothing of value in return. I was over it.
QVC who, in my opinion are a beauty mecca, asked if I wanted to try and review their new seasonal beauty box, TILI (try it, love it). I was hesitant but decided to give it a go when I realised this £20 box was subscription free and seasonal, so are released 4 times a year and the products complement the season.
So what was in the box…
- 1 x Alpha-H Liquid Rose Gold (50ml) A limited edition on the classic Liquid Gold glycolic acid base enriched with a host of aromatic botanicals, including rose, sacred lotus and orchid petal. Designed to be a gentler and calming version of the powerful resurfacing and brightening formula, this treatment exfoliates away dead skin cells while you sleep and helps to improve the appearance of lines and enlarged pores. Ideal for those with dry or sensitive skin
- 1 x OPI Fiji Collection Nail Polish (15ml) from the new spring/summer 17 Fiji collection, each box contains 1 shade from the new collection
- 1 x Vita Liberata 10 Minute Tan (20ml) – this self-tan lotion can be washed off after just 10 minutes, and develops into an oudour-free and transfer-resistant natural, golden tan within four to six hours. Infused with rosehip and neroli extracts
- 1 x Erno Laszlo Cleansing Oil and Cleansing Bar (15ml and 17g) – a luxurious, premium double-cleanse regime designed to dislodge dirt, make-up and impurities to leave your skin feeling hydrated and soft, and looking refreshed and glowing. This brand has been around since the 30’s and Erno was Marylin Monroe’s facialist!
- 1 x It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC Cream (4ml) in medium – a pigmented cream formula with a gorgeous formulation and texture. Enriched with hydrolysed collagen, peptides, niacin, hyaluronic acid and vitamins A, B, C and E. I’ve fallen hard this product after testing it I’ll be purchasing the full size asap! The perfect base, just, ever.
- 1 x Julien Farel Vitamin Shampoo and Conditioner (50ml each) – perfect for weakened or damaged hair, this rich shampoo and conditioner are designed to cleanse your hair without stripping away natural oils and deliver a balanced amount of hydration. Enriched with hyaluronic acid, panthenol, and vitamins B, C and E and marine collegan.
- 1 x Ultrasun Face SPF30 (25ml) – this lightweight once-a-day, fast-absorbing formula offers heavy-duty UVA and UVB protection while maintaining your skin’s moisture levels and reducing the appearance of wrinkles. Ideal for very sensitive skin.
- 1 x Benefit Roller Lash (3g) – with a flexible, curled wand, this innovative water-resistant formula is designed to curl and lengthen the look of your lashes. Contains provitamin B5 and serin
- 1 x Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser (30ml) – CULT CLASSIC! Comes with a muslin cloth too – this rich, indulgent cream deeply cleanses to instantly remove daily grime and make up, even stubborn mascara, to leave skin feeling comfortable, balanced and exceptionally clean.
If you are serious about your love of beauty, are excited to try new products and have felt disappointed by subscription services in the past then this is the Beauty Box for you.
I felt like the TILI box covered all the bases; skin, hair, makeup and tan and not only had quality products but was really well through out and curated. Samples sizes were generous too.
The Tili Box is Subscription and is a one-off purchase.
More beauty chat here.
*This post was created in collaboration with QVC. All thoughts are my own.