And suddenly it’s October and Halloween is a week away! After 26 years of season changes it only seems more poignant every time winter descends. Although I lament the loss of balmy summer days there are a few, good reasons (stay with me people!) to be cheerful about the ascent of the colder months! Read on for my top 10 reasons why winter ain’t THAT bad.
1. FOOD! Winter = Seasonal food changes! I’m not just talking about the return of the epic sunday roast, I’m talking curries, stews, apple pies and custard, crumbles and gravy on EVERYTHING. Winter means heavier dishes are back and I can kick all the leafy, light salad dishes to the curb. See ya!
2. I GET TO WEAR LOADS OF FAKE FUR and my rather extensive coat collection gets its yearly outing.
3. MY FAVOURITE SHOE: is this seasons staple = BOOTS BOOTS & MORE BOOTS
4. GO BLONDER: I lighten my hair blonder every winter. Pale skin + lighter hair = a brighter complexion.
5. CHRISTMAS and everything that comes with it: party season, drinks, cocktail parties, decorating my flat and putting up the tree, generally being in a festive and jovial mood all the time!
6. WINTER MAKEUP: finally I won’t look so gothic when I crack out the velvetine lip stains! Not that the July sun stopped me, but now I can really vamp up my winter makeup palette. This season will be filled with brown smokey eyes, dark vampy lip colours and pale skin flushed with pink blush.
7. THE PRESSURE TO HAVE A TAN IS GONE along with many other personal grooming rituals that are mandatory when you are barelegged and in sandals.
8. NEW MAKEUP LAUNCHES: I get to launch my most favourite lacquer palette to date, The Novella Collection.
9. JUSTIFIABLE HIBERNATION: cosy nights in are the best but I always feel a little lame when the sun is still shining at 9pm and I’m settling down with a box set and blanket. The return of earlier sunsets means there is no better way to justify an early night with fluffy pyjamas, face masks and a cheeky Sauv Blanc.
10. SNOW: The beautiful and ethereal feeling you get every time you see the first snowflake fall or waking up to a pretty, white snowfall blanketing the streets. I am not referring to the hellish aftermath; the black ice, delayed trains, and sludge can do one.
What do you love about winter? Leave your comments below! I reply to every comment 🙂
Get me on Social: