Cooking needn’t be a labour of love! I find preparing a meal quite therapeutic but we weren’t all cut form the same cookie cutter. Lot’s of my friends literally CBA when it comes to preparing meals and often find themselves in a tedious cycle of the same three dishes.
I put together this is a super easy lunch or dinner which you can prepare in under 15 mins! It only requires a couple of ingredients but is still super flavoursome.
Gnocchi is a pillowy potato pasta which when cooked from fresh is ready in 3 minutes. Streaky and smoked bacon has way more flavour and crisps up better than regular back bacon.
Ingredients – for 2
Fresh Gnocchi pasta I would say 15-20 balls per person
10 rashers of streaky bacon
50g of frozen peas
- Bacon goes on a foil lined tray under the grill on 200 degrees C, turn when crispy on top after 7-10 mins. Alternatively just fry it.
- Add the peas to a small saucepan and the gnocchi, with a glug of olive oil and pinch of salt, to another. Boil the kettle and pour water into each saucepan.
- Turn on the heat to medium. When the gnocchi water starts to bubble count 2 mins and then turn off the heat. The peas will be ready after 5 mins of simmering.
- Check on the bacon turn if needed.
- Once gnocchi and peas are cooked chuck them into a colander to drain the water and then add another glug of olive oil and some salt and pepper to taste. Toss this around so it’s all coated in the seasoning.
- Once the bacon is done cut or tear into one inch bites. Throw that into the colander mix it up, then serve onto plates.
- Finish by finely grating Parmesan over each plate.